Tuesday 22 July 2014

Spring/Summer SkinCare

Spring/Summer SkinCare

I am definitely one of those ladies that notices a difference in my skin depending on the time of year it is. Saying that I thought I'd tell you what products I've been using to battle the change in the weather. 

So firstly to tell you a little about my skin - the condition of my skin is dehydrated yet 'type' I'd say I'm combination. However being combination is the typical signs of having a more dehydrated skin type. So I still get enlarged pores and blackheads with the occasional break out, most commonly around my chin area. 

I follow the rules of cleanse, tone, treat, eye and moisturise. 

I'm going to try and condense this down as much as possible so it's not pages :) 

Cleanse:



AM - Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Skin Balancing Cleansing Wash. This product is mild enough to use on a daily basis whilst contains micro beads to gently exfoliate the skin. I find this super refreshing for morning time. 
PM - On an evening I'll repeat this step twice. Once to remove make up and a second to clean the skin. I've just finished up the Origins Clean Energy cleansing oil whilst I would repurchase this but I have so many oils in my cupboard left to try, I simply would pour a small amount into my hands, massage into skin keeping eyes until last. Then remove with a warm flannel. Then repeat! This is my favourite step! (The only down side of this product is the fact it's a pour system instead of a pump, it can become a little messy) I have now moved on to The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil :) so far it's lovely! 

Tone: 
AM/PM - I follow cleansing with a toner I'm currently using Lush's Tea Tree Water facial sprits which is an antibacterial toner. I simply spray this on a cotton pad a swipe this over the skin. 




Treat: 
AM - I always treat my skin with a serum, on a morning I'll use The Body Shops Nutriganics Smoothing Serum. This helps to keep my skin smooth, soft and moisturised through out the day. 
PM - on an evening I'll usually use Elizabeth Arden's Lift and Firm Ceremide Gold Capsules. One capsule with cover the face and neck. It helps to rebuild the natural ceremides in the skin, it strengthens, maintains water and helps increase the cellular turn over. 

Eye: 



AM/PM - Antipodes Kiwi eye cream. Ohmygoodness I love this eye cream so much. I get such dry eyes, so much so that they actually flake. Making applying eyeshadow impossible not a good look. This eye cream is super gentle and really soothing on the eyes. It is also super hydrating and has been super at banishing those pesky dry patches. 

Moisturise: 



AM - When its day time I definitely like a lotion when I'm going to be applying make up on top. Or a cream that at least feels refreshing on the skin and not tacky to touch. Elemis Pro collegen Marine Cream is super hydrating but light in texture. However it is SPF free so I have to add a separate on top ( that's for another post though) or the Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Skin Balancing Lotion SPF 15 this is great day time lotion that balances the skin perfectly. 
PM - Again Marine Cream is what I've been reaching for on an evening under my gold capsules definitely feels like luxury when using these two together. 

And that folks is pretty much my skin care routine, I'll be doing another post in regards to masks, exfoliants and blemish control. If you have anything you'd like to request to see on the blog in regards to skin care let me know :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment