Sunday 3 November 2013

Autumn Skincare Routine

Hello you lovely lot today I thought I would talk to you a little about my skin care routine, as I have updated it slightly now it has got that bit colder. I'll start by saying that I have a sensitive to dry skin type with the occasional tendency to break out normally around my chin area. The main things I struggle with are blemish scarring and open pores. But as soon as It gets colder and the heating goes on my already dry skin needs and adding helping of moisture! 



I have finally tried the holy grail Emma Hardy Moringa Cleansing Balm, as its quite pricey I hadn't ever made the plunge and brought the full size. But whilst in duty free I picked up a travel size to try and I'm so glad that I did. The full size will definitely be added to my Christmas list as I am absolutely obsessed! It takes make up off beautifully and leaves the skin soft, smooth and feeling so luxurious! It definitely lives up to the crazy hype surrounding it! 

I picked up a new toner to try during October Lush's Breath of Fresh Air Toner Water. ' The sea breeze captured in a bottle. A refreshing spray to tide you over.' Ingredients such as Organic Aloe Vera Gel, Rose Absolute, Rosemary Oil and Seaweed Absolute help to rehydrate the skin and remove any excess grime! I really have seen a noticeable difference since adding this into my routine especially with the blemishes on my chin. It contains ingredients that occur naturally in essential oils so its a very pampering product that feels so relaxing to use. 

Origins Eye Doctor Eye Cream I have done a full review of this eye cream previously, and expressed how much I am truly loving using this! It's so hydrating that it sorted any dryness I had around the eye area within just three uses. 

Hydraluron, another hugely hyped product that I just had to try haha. I have been using this serum in conjunction with another to really seal moisture into the skin. 'It increases skin hydration from below the surface with an ultra-high-quality hyaluronic acid that holds up to 1,000 times it's weight in water.' I must admit when originally using this alone as a serum before moisturiser I hadn't seen too much difference, however using it with an oil is incredible! 

I mentioned in my October favourites the NUDE ProGenius treatment oil! I have been using this pretty much all through October and I love it! It contains omega 3, 6, 7 & 9 which naturally help to relieve skin conditions such as rosacea, psoriasis and eczema because of their anti-inflammatory properties. So my dry skin is lapping this stuff up like a dream. I have used it morning and evenings and it applies beautifully under make up giving a radiant finish. 

Lastly in my routine recently I've returned to an old favourite, Benefits Total Moisture Facial Cream. This  moisturiser has a thicker consistency and with their try radiance complex it's captures the skins hydration, maintains it and develops it over time as well. It's fantastic for dryer skin types like my own as its full if mango butter which acts as a natural emollient for the skin! 

So there we have it that's what I've been loving to use on my skin to keep it hydrated now its got cooler! What skin care items have you been loving? Have you tried anything I've tried? 

No comments:

Post a Comment